Rainonroof

Rain on Roof

A Strong Hand (paperback) - Catt Ford Loads of angst interspersed with much smex and a young man exploring his burgeoning submissive side, made for a rather entertaining read. Defnitely on the lighter side the of the D/s scale, although one of the scenes in the last third was a little rougher. Nothing you’ll need someone to hold your hand through though!There was great tension between Nick and Damian, and I especially enjoyed Nick. He was super cute and kinda artsy/emo! I found his character rather appealing and easy to read. He has a bit of that sweet, slightly innocent feel, but with that nice gutsy stuff to balance it out. Spunky, but not annoyingly so.At times the narrative became a little repetitive with several scenes in quick succession that bore close resemblance to one another. It was mainly the sex scenes and I’m not one to say no to that! But as I was reasonably engrossed in the book, it was not too much of a problem, although it would have read a little more tightly if there’d been less. There were also a couple of other odd revelations about Damian and his past that seemed a little out of place, but I chose to ignore it and carry on.While there were a few things I had issues with, I did like the story. This is the 2nd book by Catt Ford that I’ve read and I really am enjoying her writing. Sweet, sexy stuff that is worth a look.AND, look at that cover. Is nice.http://sharrow.wordpress.com/2009/09/07/a-strong-hand-by-catt-ford/